Proposed Citizen Participation Plan Public Comment Period
With MCRPC's guidance and technical support, community development and planning staff from the Town and the City of Bloomington worked together to draft the proposed plan which outlines:
- a cooperative, intergovernmental approach to addressing housing issues in the region
- the public participation process, including public hearings and public comment periods
- opportunities for involvement of affected persons, stakeholders, and other concerned citizens in the planning and reporting process
- transparency of the planning and reporting process and the assurance of access to records
- instructions to guide the public’s submission of comments and the standards for the Town and City of Bloomington’s responses
The proposed Citizen Participation Plan is available here.
A 15-day public comment period for the proposed Citizen Participation Plan’s review will run from Friday, November 16 through Friday, November 30, 2018 for Town of Normal residents.
A public hearing will be held before the Monday, December 3, 2018 Town Council meeting at 6:55 p.m. in the Council Chambers at Uptown Station (4th floor, 11 Uptown Circle).
Public comments on the Citizen Participation Plan may be submitted in writing at: Uptown Station, Attn: CDBG/Taylor Long, 11 Uptown Circle, Normal, IL 61761 or by e-mail to Taylor Long, Planning Department, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments must be received in writing by December 3, 2018.
A 15-day public comment period for the proposed Citizen Participation Plan’s review will run from Friday, November 23 through Friday, December 7, 2018 for City of Bloomington residents.
A public hearing will be held during the December 10, 2018 City Council meeting which begins at 6:00 pm in the City Hall Council Chambers, 109 E. Olive, Bloomington, IL.
Public comments on the Citizen Participation Plan may be submitted in writing at: Jennifer Toney, Grants Coordinator, Community Development Department, 115 E. Washington St, Suite 200, Bloomington, IL or by e-mail to Jennifer Toney, at email@example.com.